The Legal 500 2017 was published on Thursday 12 October, and once again Brabners are proud to have ranked highly in its core practices, and to continue to have a dominant position in the Legal 500 Technology, Media and Telecoms sectors in the North West.
Brabners' Liverpool, Manchester and Preston offices are recommended as a top ranked tier 1 firm for Intellectual Property, Media & Entertainment and Sport in the North West. It is also recognised on a UK wide basis, with a tier 2 ranking for Sport in London and tier 4 ranking for Brand Management.
Brabners have been ranked as a Top Tier firm across 17 separate practice areas (and ranked in an additional 22 practice areas by the Legal 500) showing Brabners as a highly specialised Legal Practice with expertise across the board. Further we have a very impressive 59 lawyers who have been listed in the elite top tier “Leading Lawyers” list, with 79 lawyers in total recommended across 39 practice areas.
While credit goes to Brabners' named individuals recommended by Legal 500, including:
- Nik White is recognised as a top ranked tier 1 leading individual for Commercial, IT and IP as well as recommended for Brand Management
- Colin Bell recognised as a North West top ranked tier 1 leading individual for Intellectual Property, and next generation lawyer for commercial, with a recommendation for Brand Management and Sport UK wide.
- Matt Brown is recommended for IT and Telecoms in the North West.
- Richard Hough is recommended for Commercial and Health.
- Paul Lunt and Phil Steele are both recommended for Media and Entertainment law.
- Maurice Watkins continues to be recognised as top ranked tier 1 leading individuals for Sport and Jason Smith is also recommended for Sport.
These results reflect the work of the whole of the Commercial IP Team (and beyond throughout Brabners). Everyone's contribution is valued and all team members deserve credit and recognition. Brabners' unique expertise across all these areas in the North West is based on the strength in depth of its firm. The specialist dedicated IP practice is one of the largest in North West and two new colleagues from another firm are joining in November to further significantly bolster the Commercial IP team.
Brabners are both humble and proud to be able to make this #humblebrag and have made a donation to the Legal 500 Billable Hour Charitable Campaign.
Intellectual property - ranked: tier 1 Brabners LLP (Liverpool, Manchester, Preston) Brabners LLP has a specialist IP team that deals with contentious and non-contentious IP work as well as registered trade mark and design mark prosecution. It is also skilled at advising on online brand protection and infringement such as keyword infringement and domain name complaints. Colin Bell is a ‘pleasure to work with’ and Nik White provides a ‘really great service’. The team is advising Melissa McCue trading as EBC Couture and Swim on the intellectual property rights in her products, including bringing claims against a number of infringers of her products. Leading individuals: Colin Bell - Brabners LLP; Nik White - Brabners LLP